I can’t believe its the last week of January already! I really don’t know where the month went. To say it was busy is an understatement. Every weekend, we’ve been go go go since B has swimming and skating and the weekend before, we even went skiing. I’m hoping it to be quieter this upcoming weekend. We are starting to do some updates to our house (we’ve been here for 5.5 years now) and there is always something more to do. This past weekend, I started removing popcorn from the ceiling in the stairwell leading down to the basement. Although the ceiling needs some repairs, skim coat, etc, it already feels brighter in there without all the shadows in the ceiling. I will post some DIY projects on here soon.
Last week, the meal plan was okay and with such busy weekends (we also went out for an early family Chinese New Year’s dinner on Sunday), I feel like we’re on repeat mode with dinners and I’m not being too creative. I will cook more this upcoming weekend.
- Pasta with meatballs in tomato sauce
- Chinese style ground beef in tomato gravy (I made some a couple weeks ago and froze a portion), garlicky broccoli served with rice
- Pizza (frozen from Costco). I’m actually working late so this will be S and B’s dinner.
- Wonton soup with noodles
- Pad Thai – there are two recipes listed here by Nagi. I will likely make the homestyle version so I don’t have to spend Saturday searching for ingredients.
- Pork Belly of some kind. I bought some a couple months ago on sale, froze it and now its time to do something with it. Likely roasting it but you will have to wait and find out.
Have a great week!