As today is American Thanksgiving (“Happy Thanksgiving my American Friends!”), there is officially 30 days to Christmas. While I don’t think we are going all out with Christmas this year due to some financial circumstances, I still need to buy a few small gifts for Kris Kringle at work, teachers and YMCA after-school caregivers. When trying to find unique and preferably locally-made gifts, one of the best places to check out are the Christmas/ holiday markets that are popping up around town. Living west of the GTA, there are a number of options in Burlington, Hamilton, Mississauga, Oakville and of course, Toronto itself. Some have taken place already like the Holiday Street Market at Mississauga Celebration Square, last weekend but there are a lot happening now, this weekend and the upcoming weekends, leading up to Christmas.
Here is a list of markets in order of date that you can check out. If admission is not listed, it should be free but best to check each event page for up-to-date information on admission, parking, vendors. Note: I haven’t been to most of these markets nor am I getting compensation but thought it would be nice to have a list all in one place for anyone looking for a local/west GTA market.
- Barton Street Christmas Market, Barton Street, Hamilton – Nov 25 (4 – 9pm).
- Toronto Christmas Market @ Distillery District, Toronto – Nov 18 – Dec 22 (closed Mondays). Admission $6 (on weekends starting on Friday at 5pm, weekdays: free).
- One of a Kind Show @ Exhibition Place, Toronto – Nov 24 – Dec 4 (Weekdays & Saturdays 10am – 9pm, Sundays 10am – 6pm, Late Night Shopping: Dec 1 10am – 11pm). Admission: $13/adult, other tickets available.
- Stuffed! Stocking Stuffer Event @ Collective Arts Brewing, Hamilton – Nov 26 (11am – 6pm). Admission $5 (children under 12: free).
- Sugar and Spice Holiday Market @ Sugar Factory, Hamilton – Nov 26 (6 – 9:30pm) & 27 (11am – 3pm) .
- Silver Bells Christmas Market @St. Volodomyr Cultural Centre, Oakville – Nov 27 (10am – 4pm).
- Bronte Handmade Market @ Bronte Royal Canadian Legion, Oakville – Dec 3 (10am – 4pm).
- Craftadian Christmas Market @ McMaster Innovation Park, Hamilton – Dec 3 (10am – 5pm). Admission: $5 (16 and under: free).
- Christmas Market – Christmas in the Village – Dec 3 (2 – 9pm) @ Streetsville Village Square, Mississauga.
- Fair December @ Cawthra Park Secondary School, Mississauga – Dec 3 & 4 (10am – 4pm). Admission: $5 (Seniors & 16 and under: free).
- Handmade Christmas Market @ St. George’s Church, Burlington – Dec 3 (10am – 4pm). Admission: $2, includes a free coffee, while supplies last (children under 16: free).
The week after:
- Toronto Christmas Festival @ Harbourfront Center, Toronto – Dec 9 – 18 (Friday – Sunday: 10am – 10pm, Monday – Thursday: 3 – 9pm).
- Makers Market at Evergreen Winter Village, Toronto – Dec 10 – 19 (Weekdays: 3 – 7pm, Weekends: 11am – 7pm). The Winter Village is open after Christmas until February 28 but the Makers Market will be closed.
- Makeology Merry Market – A Handmade Market Pop-Up @ Art Gallery of Burlington, Burlington – Dec 10 (11am – 5pm). Admission: $2 (children under 12: free).
This isn’t an exhaustive list despite a good number included. If you would like me to add a market that I’ve missed, I’d be happy to add it to the list. Comment below or email me. 🙂
Fair December Dec 3 & 4 10am to 4pm both days. Cawthra park secondary school mississauga. http://Www.fairdecember.com